Since its inception in the 1880’s, Alley-Cassetty Companies, Inc. has cultivated its small retail coal business into one of the fastest growing companies in the south according to Inc. magazine, and today, it ranks as one of Nashville’s largest private 100 companies.
In an effort to corner the Nashville market for residential coal supply, the longstanding family businesses of Cassetty Coal Company and Frank Alley Coal Company merged in 1964. Since then the coal division has transitioned into commercial and industrial supply and this growth has fueled significant diversification. Alley-Cassetty entered the brick and related material delivery business in 1971 by purchasing Capitol Builders Supply. The building supply division now encompasses ten offices in Tennessee, Kentucky and Georgia with a premier portfolio of manufacturers of both residential and commercial products.
In 1980, the firm established it's Alley-Cassetty Trucking Division, which has flourished into a full service hauler, specializing in hazardous and non-hazardous customized transportation. Also in 1980, the company opened Custom Truck Sales and Service (now Alley-Cassetty Truck Center), a full service dealership offering commercial sales and service.